Wednesday 11 March 2015

Trailer Roundup



There seem to have been a lot of trailers released over the last few days so here I round them up and leave my thoughts on them.  



Tomorrowland:A World Beyond 

I’ve wanted to see Tomorrowland ever since that first trailer came out since then when thinking of the films I want to see it hasn’t been that far up my list but after this trailer its jumped far up the list. I would challenge anyone not to be excited by this sense of adventure and its futuristic vision. Tommorowland:A World Beyond comes out May 29


Inside Out

Inside Out has been a film I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever I remember long ago when it was announced but now it seems so close I’m sure it will be worth the wait. The last trailer was effective in the way it showed the set up for how the film works but this trailer tops that by giving us a sense into the world of Inside Out.  I love the ideas bubbling under the surface of all of the bright colours. Inside Out comes out July 24


San Andreas

I have to admit I haven’t been that pumped for San Andreas and whilst this trailer doesn’t make it look like some modern miracle of mainstream cinema , it makes the film look at least fun. It clearly has a fun tone and isn’t taking itself too seriously. The chaos and carnage looks enjoyably over the top.  San Andreas comes out 29 May.




Daredevil 
I’m sorry to be typing this but this is where the hope and optimism that I was talking about in those previous trailers comes to die. I still remember my excitement when reading about the Netflix Marvel partnership and I still have hope for the other series (A.K.A Jessica Jones sounds great) but this Daredevil trailer fills me with dread. The whole thing seems drenched in the poe faced seriousness of a fan film. Whilst everything else in the Marvel Universe has a comic book feel this seems like a TV show made by someone who talks about “Graphic Novels”. I just don’t like the way it feels so tonally out of place with everything else we’ve seen from Marvel. Daredevil comes out April 10 and even if it doesn’t work Avengers Age Of Ultron comes out two weeks after so it’s not that bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment