Tuesday 13 January 2015

SPY Trailer

I’ll start out by saying that I don’t  find many of the “comedies” released today that funny. It’s the heavy use of improve that ruins them they loose any cinematic feel and the improve isn’t even that funny it strikes you that the cast and crew all found the stuff funny on the day but after it feels like flat warm coke. If you want examples of great comedy directors working today I’d point you to Edgar Wright and Phil Lord & Chris Miller. But another director who I think is great and who’s certainly one of the best directors to emerge out of the Apatow comedy scene is Paul Feig I think Bridesmaids is hilarious and I cant work out why The Heat didn’t get more love anyway for this reason Spy is one of my most anticipated films of the year.


I’m very happy to report I love this trailer. The opening and the way it revels in it’s clichés then rapidly undercuts them is hilarious, Jason Statham’s british spy looks like good fun as well. Yet one thing Feig is great at is letting the female stars shine. Yet the real star seems the be McCarthy as the central lead she seems to be throwing away her standard character whilst remaining funny. Anyway without further ado here’s the trailer.

(Warning the trailer does feature a few naughty words- but their quite funny ones) 

No comments:

Post a Comment